Monday, December 2, 2013

Engagement Photo Makeup

Question:
I am getting engagement photos taken fairly soon and was wondering if you had any tips on how to do makeup for photos.  I use a tinted moisturizer, blush, eyeliner, and mascara, but I usually look somewhat dull in photos.  Are there any products out there that work especially well for photos?  I'm especially curious about foundations and maybe eye shadow since I almost never wear it.

Also, the photos are going to be taken in May which means it might be quite warm outside.  When I get warm, the skin on my chest and legs gets red and splotchy.  Does this happen to anyone else?  Is there any way to prevent/disguise it?

Thanks in advance!


Answer:

You should stay away from anything with a lot of light reflecting properties because it can make your face look whiter than you want it to. With that meaning primarily anything with sunscreen in it. Other than that, wearing a touch more makeup than you would normally is the only real recommendation I have. You still want to look like yourself. Maybe play around with a bit of eyeliner or eye shadow. 

If your skin is fairly even toned normally than I wouldn't worry about going heavier with the foundation. As for the splotchy skin on your chest I'd suggest putting just a bit of foundation there as well. It may not cover the redness completely, but if your photographer is competent then it shouldn't be hard for them to reduce any redness you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment